Meditation Makes You Less Reactive to Negative Feedback in Life

Motivation

sourced from: https://www.theemotionmachine.com/meditation-makes-you-less-reactive-to-negative-feedback-in-life/

Meditation is one of the most scientifically-supported “mental tools” for improving your mental health, well-being, and overall happiness.

A new study published in the Journal of Cognitive, Affective & Behavioral Neuroscience has now added another piece of the puzzle for why meditation can be so beneficial for you.

Researchers conducted an experiment with 3 groups of people: experienced meditators, novice meditators, and non-meditators. They had all participants perform a task where they were trained to pair certain images with a reward.

Each image had a different probability of being a reward: some images had an 80% chance of success, while other images had a 20% chance of success. The goal of participants was to learn to choose the images with the highest probability of success.

The first find… Read More

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *